Train Trip WIth Dad

Train Trip WIth Dad

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day 6 - first class travel through Mongolia

We had been able to upgrade our tickets to first class (deluxe soft sleeper) for us$140 which provided for a private two berth carriage, with a shared shower. The shower is hand-held, and as Robert poetically said "My pee comes out stronger than this shower". I hoped it was an expression rather than a simultaneous comparison.

The shower cubicle is shared between two compartments, and I was sure the chaps who got on at erlian, intended to use it as a toilet whilst waiting for the lavatories to open at the border stops, so i, rather selfishly, locked their access to the shower at night.

We awoke to find ourselves traversing the gobi desert. It looks more like a prairie than a desert, but maybe that is just my misconception of what a desert should look like.

Our neighbors had managed to open the shower cubicle in any event during the night (alleviating my guilt), and then locked us out. Fair Play I suppose.

The dining car has been changed, and now appears like a rather grand London theatre bar, where you would pick up the over priced interval drinks. Still, the omelette and bread was a tasty start to the day, and so far so good in Mongolia.

Next stop ulan bator for lunch.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad


Location:Mongolia

No comments:

Post a Comment