Train Trip WIth Dad

Train Trip WIth Dad

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Off to Mongolia

Weds 30 June - Beijing

The early start (up at 530) meant we missed breakfast at the hotel, and I had visions of the only thing open at Beijing train station being the char siew pao seller, or maybe the youtiao man. That was beijing station in the 90's. Now there are two 24 hour mcdonalds and a KFC. To help the local economy, we chose the furthest mcdonalds and tucked into usual fare, and watched a replay of the japan-Paraguay penalty shoot out.

The railway station is much cleaner than I recall, where are all the local yokels and soldiers I recall from '92?

The K3 to Moscow departs from platform 4 at 0745 am on wednesdays, and we arrived 60 mins early. After just 15 mins the train was called and we walked across an overpass similar to York station in uk, and found the K3.

I recollect booking the 2 berth super deluxe carriage, however our tickets led us to a 4 berth soft berth. I called my friend at CTS, who was apologetic, and spoke to the captain of the train on my behalf to see if we could upgrade. No luck, and we set off on time, and started nw to the Mongolian border.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad


Location:Beijing

No comments:

Post a Comment